Saturday, September 18, 2010

Introductions (a.k.a. "A Taster is Born")

Hello and welcome all to another blog on the internet that reviews beers. My name is Nick, I'll be your critic... well, not your critic, I'll be the beer's critic. You may be wondering what makes me qualified to taste and review beer, you surely want some credentials or a list of publications, the truth is...

I'm not qualified.

But, I Love Beer. Not in the sad alcoholic way either, I appreciate the patience and artistry that goes into brewing quality beer, and have a natural nose for the subtleties of complex flavors. That isn't to say that I'm a snob, If you hand me a Bud, I'll drink it... But I'd drink a Dr. Pepper too, that doesn't mean I'd call it beer.
While I've always enjoyed craft-brewed or unique beers, I never forced myself to reach out and actively seek new flavors until recently. Over the past few months, I've made it a point to take advantage of the huge selection of great brews at my local grocery store and specialty wine/beer shops, and I've met a few great beers and a few real bombs. I only wished that I'd had somewhere to go to get an opinion on all of these beers before I spent the premium cash on 'em. So I decided that that was what I would do, I would be the source for premium beer opinions...

I hope you enjoy the blog, let's have a few beers.

-Nick P.

No comments:

Post a Comment