Saturday, September 18, 2010

An Outline for Reviewing a Beer

I thought It would be useful to outline how I'll be writing my reviews, so you know how to read them, here you go:

I'll start off by introducing the beer, I'll give a little bit of background on where I bought it, why, and what attracted me to it, I may mention the price here as well.

After that, I'll write whatever I can about the brewery and the category of beer that it belongs to.

Then I'll post a picture of the beer in a glass, properly poured as a representation of it's color and head, I'll also try to include the bottle and label in the pictures.

Now the fun part, I'll taste it and write some technical tasting notes including:

-The Color
-The Pour
-The Nose
-The Flavor
-The Feel
-Overall Impressions

Then, after the technical parts over, I'll try to explain it to you in simple "Beer drinker's" terms, that is, I won't discuss "hints of chocolate and toffee with dry hoppy notes," I'll give it to you in straight-forward, "It tastes kinda like" type language. Where applicable, I may even toss in a cheese-pairing.

Finally, I'll post a little note to show you what I'm drinking that week on the regular... after a while you'll notice what stays on the list the longest... and that'd be "must-taste."


So What Am I Drinking This Week?


No comments:

Post a Comment